[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Kaber Games Community • View topic - Thealith

Thealith

Suggestions for unique and wonderful places in Phlyndir

Thealith

Postby Hureciel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Finally have a name for it! Thealith, the Ehrui capital, located in the Forodir Skyland.

All I have in my notes are...

Monarchy, ruled by a king.
Made from the ruined city of the First Ones.
Has a water purification well.

History
Founded by people who fled from Khorfu
-Found the Purification well
Became the primary headquarters for the revolution against the Kod-Mezu
Went into research for Runes
Became capital of Ehrui Kingdom after reclaiming Gerodin

Architecture
Cobblestone?

Source of Income
Rune research
Weapons
Water Medicine

Feel free to throw in ideas no matter how weird or unformed they are
Slave driver in the making

Hureciel

Re: Thealith

Postby Jaweh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Just a tiny thing, but I expect Thealith's income to come from taxes.

Since you mentioned them having the best water EVER, how bout a lot of fountains throughout the city? Let them show off all the water?
Hello? Is this thought on?
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Okay taxes, so they mooch off their people to get money.

Okay awesome fountains. Would the whole city be prosperous then?

I guess there would be slums? Like a lowtown of sorts? Around the walls of the city I guess, and toward the center would be the more high-class area? Oh oh let's put like a divide, where lowtown and the hightown's boundaries are, and you gotta... prove you're rich to get to high town... or something.

Help me out here =))

Hureciel

Postby Jaweh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:01 pm

That reminds me a lot of Archades from Final Fantasy XII. It fits well, but I was just thinking maybe we could do something more different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea: Thealith is militaristic. They are preparing in case other races attack. If not, then they'll start the fight.

They have a military draft, and propaganda promotes joining the Barracks or Battle Mage Guild. (wtf your dictionary doesn't recognize "Mage" as a word).

The most profitable jobs have something to do with battles, such as Blacksmiths, Runesmiths, soldier/wizard mentors, etc.

Xenophobia is rampant.
Last edited by Jaweh on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Ah true. What do you have in mind?

Edit

So what you mean is like, the Ehrui is generally Xenophobic? what about the Ehrui in other towns or Cities? Does the Xenophobia only apply to Thealith?

Hureciel

Postby Jaweh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:44 pm

I imagine that the xenophobia is strongest in the capital, mostly because people are less likely to come into contact with the other races there.

As for the far-flung towns, I think they'd still shun other races for the most part, but only because dealing with other races results in punishment or something.

Yeah, I guess that's how propaganda works. "Other races are scary and you shouldn't talk to them." If that doesn't work, then they resort to, "Be friends with other races and we kill you."

They probably send patrols to the other villages to collect taxes and to make sure there's no race-mixing. Or something.
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Well I imagine this in Period 10 so there should still be some weariness toward other races, but the fact that there's relative peace means there shouldn't be patrols dictating who you can or can't talk to or things like that. At worst (and I imagine most often,) you'll be judged by your more wary peers and people will generally not like you for mixing with other races. I think in period 9 there were Kod-Ehru and that race was damned, right?

Hureciel

Postby Jaweh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Okee then. Racism will probably be a distracting issue compared to saving the world. Do you want to scrap the xenophobia altogether?
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I don't wanna scrap the xenophobia; I just don't want hardcore xenophobia to be present. Maybe like, little instances of xenophobia, sure.

Okay, so a slight inclination towards racism is part of the Thealith psyche. What else? How do they treat their own people? (Their own citizens, Ehrui from other towns, etc?)

Hureciel

Postby Chemicalbonbonne » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm

I guess there should be an awesome-butt fountain in the city square.
Perhaps a secretly magical one?

Also, I imagine it to be like ancient Greece, full of stunning white architecture, and maybe hints of gold.

I can also imagine the town to have noble cavalry.One mainly composed of magic-users, on horses of course, and the traditional knights.
Last edited by Chemicalbonbonne on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chemicalbonbonne

Next

Return to World