[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Kaber Games Community • View topic - Giblet's Journal

Giblet's Journal

Suggestions for stories about Phlyndir

Re: Giblet's Journal

Postby Jaweh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

----------INTERMISSION----------

Hi guys. I'm getting a mental block right now on what to write. If you could spare the time, go ahead and write a suggestion for what's going to happen. Just remember that it has to lead towards what Giblet is like during the present time of the game. (Read [NPC] Giblet in the Unclassified section)

Also, I'd like some critique on my writing. This is the first time I ever wrote a story as long as this.

Feel free to ask me any questions too, should you find anything in the Journal confusing.
Hello? Is this thought on?
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am

Do you have any idea though on how his.. insanity happens?
Slave driver in the making

Hureciel

Postby Sannie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Betrayal of trust maybe?
I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye.
Sannie

Postby Jaweh » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Day 21

I saw it. I know I saw it. No one believes me, not even Gramin. Why wouldn't they believe me?

I saw a giant lizard. It walked on its hind legs. It had really big jaws and a thick, long tail. It also had some sort of cone on its head with many colors. Okay, I admit I found that last part odd, but it's what I saw! I swear by the Almighty Anvil God I saw it!

I am now-- NOT crazy. I am not crazy.
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Genius.
Slave driver in the making

Hureciel

Postby Jaweh » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Day 26

Scorpion poison is slow-acting. Aside from killing you slowly, it also does two other things. It numbs the wound, and it staunches the blood flow. You will die, and yet never know what hit you. I know this because Golurk has been carrying the poison in his body for days and no one knew about it. No one that is, until he collapsed.

We were too late. None of Gramin's potions are working. We even tried some of the more ancient, questionable healing methods from the Old Way, but Golurk's condition did not improve. He died the day after.

Grishnakh is taking this the hardest, of course. If Balmung hadn't halted the expedition for a full-body search on everyone, he wouldn't have even had time to mourn his brother's death.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 am

Day 27

Grishnakh absolutely refused to leave his brother in the desert. Not even a proper and honorable Nu' Kyoabe burial would change his mind. He decided to carry him around... literally. I am looking at Golurk. Right now. Golurk. Dead. In front of me. Lying next to his delusional brother. Others have also been diagnosed with Scorpion poison. For about half of them, diagnosis meant them collapsing on the desert sand.

I honestly hope they don't have brothers.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 am

Day 36

I haven't written here in a while. I don't really have anything in mind either.

Uhhh....

My feet hurt.

Yeah, that'll do.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:37 pm

I no longer know the day. No one does. I'm not sure in which order these events happened either, but I'll write what I can remember.

Something I forgot to mention in my last entry was that Grishnakh disappeared one night. His cot was empty, and the only items missing were his blades. His food, water and other belongings were rationed off to the rest of us.

I've recently got to know another foot soldier by the name of Kronk. He was a quiet one, and very young too. Apparently, he actually signed up for this death march in order to get some recognition back home. I'd laugh, but what's the point? I'm right here marching with him.

We finally settled down and set up the base in the shade of a tall cliff. What this cliff is doing out in the Desert, I'll never know, but the shade is good so I'm not complaining. I usually end up as the night watchman, sitting atop the cliff seeing the Desert for miles around. From my perch, I tried killing the wild life for sport, but apparently gunshots in the night tend to put everyone in a panic. Oops.

Oh, and another thing I forgot. Our crawlers bailed on us. The pilots and engineers we left were gone when we sent some scouts to check on them. Not a trace of them or the crawlers was left when they got there. Lucky bastards.
Jaweh

Previous

Return to Chronicles