[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Kaber Games Community • View topic - Giblet's Journal

Giblet's Journal

Suggestions for stories about Phlyndir

Giblet's Journal

Postby Jaweh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Day 1

I don't know what this stupid journal is for. Gramis says that it's important, that it'll set me apart from the unruly Nu' Kyoabe stereotype. Pfft. Rubbish! What do I care of what the other idiot races think? As if they're any better! The Ehrui, all hypocritical in the very morals they enforce! They look down on us, but deep inside they're every bit the monster they think we are. And the Kod Mezu? Ha! Hearing of all these petty disputes of who's higher and mightier makes me laugh!

Hrmm, that sort of made me feel good. Maybe this journal thing isn't so bad after all.
Last edited by Jaweh on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello? Is this thought on?
Jaweh

Re: Giblet's Journal

Postby Jaweh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Day 2

Bah, got another lecture from Gramis. I know he's my mentor, but sometimes I'd much rather learn how to make golems (as if that'll ever happen!) than listen to the stuff he teaches. History? Arts? Foreign language and culture? Who needs those!? We're Nu' Kyoabe, and our path lies in technology!
Jaweh

Postby Hureciel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Interesting. An item we find, perhaps?
Slave driver in the making

Hureciel

Postby Jaweh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Day 1

Uhh, looks like I forgot how long it's been since the last entry. Oh well, I guess I'll start again. Maybe I'll rip out the first two pages so no one knows?

Anyways, it looks like it's finally time that things were set in motion. Balmu-- err... Leader Balmung has started an expedition to tame the Thelsphyr Desert. It's suicidal, but he was never known to have much forethought. And since Gramin is his advisor, and I am Gramin's student, that means I'm coming along as well.

Oh joy.

What do we want with the Desert anyway? There aren't any minerals there. At least, not any that's worth risking my neck for. But then it's rumored that Balmung wants to set up a base there to launch attacks on the Kod Mezu with our new Crawlers. I guess Gramin is tagging along to convince him to stop, but I'm not sure. Gramin doesn't tell me much anymore. Maybe he's finally given up and I can get back to mastering metallurgy?
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Day 4

Big day today. Leaving for Thelsphyr in just a few hours. Got all my equipment ready, too.

Uhh... huh..

I guess that's it. Thought I'd have more to say.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Day 5

We just left the mountains and the grass is starting to mix with sand. The Desert is near. Everyone's getting excited, saying how we'll all come home as heroes. Some are just itching to test out their new toys on something other than cave rats. Balmung even gave a speech as we left. I think he's an absolute bonehead, but even I was inspired by it. I've checked the equipment about a dozen times now. Gramin has made sure that nothing breaks down, and that we have everything we need for at least two months in the desert. Everyone's in high spirits and everything's going to plan. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Day 8

I. HATE. THIS. DESERT.

I have absolutely no idea how Balmung expects us to spend two months in here. The heat makes you want to strip off your armor and clothes, and some of us have, but apparently it's much worse to have the sun strike your bare skin. That, and the sand blowing in the wind actually cuts you. About a third of the expedition team either has a sunburn or laceration. And we haven't even encountered any monsters yet! Of course, Bonehead Balmung doesn't care. Under his leadership, I think at least half of us aren't getting out of here in one piece.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:53 am

Day 10

It took two days, but under Gramin's advice, I think we finally have things under control. Everyone's been healed, and life here in the desert is starting to become routine.

Wake up.
Eat.
Piss.
Ready my gear that I'm probably not gonna use anyway,
March.
Mid-day break
Eat.
Piss.
March.
Stop at sunset.
Set up camp.
Eat.
Take a dump.
Ready my cot.
Collapse.
Rinse and repeat.

The sun is still a total bitch though.

After we wipe out the Kod Mezu, we should get to work on taking out the sun. That'll be nice.
Jaweh

Postby Jaweh » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:21 am

Day 15

I suppose I should mention that for the past week or so, we've been encountering the occasional monster. Out here we have Vipers, Naarkas, and some giant spiky Scorpions. Everyone's coming up with their own name for the Scorpions, but I'm just gonna call them Scorpions.

Anyways, our Crawlers have been doing a good job of taking care of these monsters. Too good. None of us foot soldiers have even got to use our own weapons yet! I mean, it's nice that we have some fine machinery and all, but some of us still want to see what our own work is capable of.

That said, the Crawlers finally malfunctioned today. Upon closer inspection, it seems as if several key components have melted under the sun and fused together. I knew that they should have at least put a tarp on the things! Well, Gramin knew, but I agreed! The only working Crawler we have now is Balmung's, and if he can keep going, that means the rest of us have to as well.

We left the pilots and engineers to fix the problem. When they're done, they are to send a signal flare, and we would wait till they catch up. I think it's a stupid idea, since that essentially splits the expedition in half. I would have suggested that we just turn around and go home. Maybe we can fix the melting problem with the Crawler Mark II. I'm pretty sure Balmung wouldn't have agreed though.

Now that it's just us foot soldiers, we finally got to taste some action. Grishnakh and his crazy buzz saws could slice and dice any Vipers we came into contact with. His brother, Golurk, could pummel through the tough shells of the Naarkas with his power fists. Me, I got my trusty rifle. Not gonna write the specifics here in case someone steals this journal, but let's just say I can take down any sort of monster before they even know what hit them.
Jaweh

Postby Sannie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:03 am

I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye.
Sannie

Next

Return to Chronicles