[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Kaber Games Community • View topic - The chickENGINE

The chickENGINE

Anything related to technical issues which may be used in the game

The chickENGINE

Postby Ted » Fri May 27, 2011 9:03 am

Ted

Re: The chickENGINE

Postby Ted » Fri May 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi everyone!

Were starting work on adding a keyframe animation protocol to the engine. Will post any updates on the engine.

Regards,
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Sat May 28, 2011 11:54 am

Hello everyone!

I've finally managed to integrate key frame animation into the engine! It supports looping and simple animation such as linear scaling, rotation, and translation.

Next I'll be working on adding skinned animation into the engine and have that work with key frame animation. This is going to be fun!

Cheers!,
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Tue May 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Was able to get some animation playing but it looked like a weird spider demon thing so I didn't integrate it with the engine just yet. I thought I was doing something wrong because the model was being displayed properly in our model viewer and even during its bind pose but starts to deform when you animate it. I found out that this was a problem caused by the importer of the engine and was wondering how to fix it. The person in-charge of 3d modeling however gave ma a newer version which was compatible with the importer so its all good now. Just finished some code clean up and getting ready to integrate skinned animation into the engine.. again. heh.

Regards,
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Everyone!

Was able to successfully integrate skinned animation into the engine! We can now combine skinned animation + animation key frames to produce complex animation sequences for our engine! Next up, Fog!

Cheers!
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

Hi Everyone!

I just talked with some of the team and it looks like Fog wont be included in the tech demo so were deferring it to a later date. Will be moving to post processing effects like bloom and blur!

Regards,
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Everyone!

I've finally integrated post processing into the library! We have bloom and blur as of the moment but were looking into other post processes that we can use.

Cheers!
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Added another post process into the library! Its the depth of field post process!

Cheers!
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Heya Everyone!

I updated the post processing of the library and added Fog effects to it. It looks awesome and I will be posting some screen shots after I finish some more post processing effects!

Cheers!
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 am

Hi Everyone!

Updated the Library with an input manager to control all input used for the game!

Cheers!
Ted
Ted

Next

Return to Technical