[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Kaber Games Community • View topic - Music and Sound

Music and Sound

Anything related to technical issues which may be used in the game

Music and Sound

Postby BrianWerst » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Greetings all! Especially to those of you I haven't officially met yet, I look forward to working with all of you.

And after a brief introduction without further ado:

I was thinking while reading some of the stories that in the chronicle pages if the player gets a codex, we could have looping tracks that play a unique theme for each story line in this worlds history. Then when moments in the game where specific events that are directly related to certain stories in the chronicles, themes can be pulled upon and used to give the player an audible reminder to stories they read previously.

This is one such piece.

I don't know if you plan on making lore for your enemies in the chronicles, but if not it can be reassigned. :)

Cheers,
~B
BrianWerst

Re: Music and Sound

Postby Ted » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Brian,

Awesome work! I got sound cloud working so that people can directly hear your stuff!

Regards,
Ted
Ted

Postby Ted » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 pm

I think the theme-lore(codex) idea is great. I will give a audio cue to the players so that they remember what they've read or allow them to create expectation if used as prelude music in a area which will eventually lead to an encounter with the creature. I like this idea.
Ted

Postby Hureciel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 pm

I like the idea a lot, as well as the music track. However I must say that your idea is very very ambitious. I can imagine volumes upon volumes of musical pieces, each dedicated to a vast portion of the life and lore found within this universe, so I'm a bit concerned whether this idea is actually feasible or not. I wouldn't want to trouble you, or even a team of people, with so much to work on.

That said, the track sounds awsummsdflkjsldfj
Slave driver in the making

Hureciel

Postby Chemicalbonbonne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 pm

This is great! o u o
Chemicalbonbonne

Postby BrianWerst » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 am

BrianWerst

Postby Ted » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Brian!

Sorry for the late reply, I just came home from a Singapore trip, it was crazy. After listening to your second composition and reading the thoughts you put into it, I really like the idea of the first ones being other-worldy, however, I think it needs a little more impact, like the one you created for ecstasy and euphoria the part when the flute (did I get that right, there is a flute in there right?) really lifted me , sort of, and made me feel like I could be flying over a field!

Regards,
Ted
Ted

Return to Technical